We update our reading list twice a year and it includes a variety of genres. Our lively conversations about the book are captured and sent to the author of the book and the publisher letting them know what Go On Girls thought of the book.
Authors, do you want the Go On Girl! Book Club to read your book? Publishers, do you want to have your book considered as a Go On Girl! Book Club title? If you would like to submit your book as a Go On Girl! Book Club monthly read, contact the Reading List Committee. http://www.goongirl.org/gog-connections/contact-us
Our club strives to read books within a broad range of literary styles and currently focuses on the following genres:
● Anthology (fiction or nonfiction). A collection of selected literary pieces, passages, or works by different authors.
● Autobiographical/Biographical/Memoir (nonfiction). An autobiography is an account of a person’s life written by that person. A biography is an account of someone’s life written by someone else. A memoir is a historical account written from personal knowledge or special sources.
● Classic (fiction or nonfiction). A work of enduring excellence; a work at least 20 years old.
● Historical (fiction or nonfiction). A work based on a historical event or a period in history; a written narrative of past events.
● International (fiction or nonfiction). Any work written from a cultural perspective/experience outside the United States, not restricted to authors living outside the U.S.
● Mystery/Suspense/Thriller (fiction). Any work dealing with the solution of a mysterious crime or event, or which has an exciting plot, typically involving crime or espionage
● New Author (fiction or nonfiction). Any work by a previously unpublished writer.
● Novel (fiction). An invented prose narrative that is usually long and complex and deals especially with the human experience through a usually connected sequence of events.
● Science-Fiction/Fantasy/Horror/Futuristic/Speculative (fiction). Any work that principally concerns the impact of actual or imagined science on society or individuals; imaginative fiction featuring especially strange settings and supernatural or grotesque characters.
● Short Story Collection (fiction). A collection of short fiction by the same author.
● Social Commentary/Cultural Criticism (nonficton). A work addressing social and cultural issues of interest to people of African descent
How to Submit Your Book to Go On Girl! Book Club for Consideration
For Authors and Publishers wishing to send review copies for consideration for the GOG Reading list please send to the following address:
Go On Girl! Book Club
Book Review Committee
4106 13th Place N.E.
Washington, DC 20017