We update our reading list twice a year and it includes a variety of genres. Our lively conversations about the book are captured and sent to the author of the book and the publisher letting them know what Go On Girls thought of the book.
Authors, do you want the Go On Girl! Book Club to read your book? Publishers, do you want to have your book considered as a Go On Girl! Book Club title? If you would like to submit your book as a Go On Girl! Book Club monthly read, contact the Reading List Committee. http://www.goongirl.org/gog-connections/contact-us
Our club strives to read books within a broad range of literary styles and currently focuses on the following genres:
● Anthology - a collection of selected literary pieces or passages or works by different authors. Can be either fiction or non-fiction.
● Autobiographical/Biographical - the biography of a person narrated by himself/the biography of a person narrated by someone else. This is non-fiction.
● Classic - a fiction or non-fiction work of enduring excellence that is at least 20 years old.
● Historical - a fiction or non-fiction work based on a historical event or a period in history, a written narrative of past events.
● International - any fiction or non-fiction work written by an author of African descent writing from a cultural perspective/experience outside the United States. NOT restricted to authors living outside the U.S.
● Mystery - a piece of fiction dealing with the solution of a mysterious crime or event.
● New Author - any fiction or non-fiction work by a previously unpublished writer.
● Novel - an invented prose narrative that is usually long and complex and deals especially with the human experience through a usually connected sequence of events. This is fiction (known for our purposes as Novel 1 and Novel 2).
● Science-Fiction/Fantasy - fiction principally with the impact of actual or imagined science on society or individuals/imaginative fiction featuring especially strange settings and grotesque characters.
● Short Story Collection - a collection of short fiction by the same author.
● Social Commentary/Cultural Criticism - a work of non-fiction addressing social and cultural issues of interest to people of African descent.
How to Submit Your Book to Go On Girl! Book Club for Consideration
For Authors and Publishers wishing to send review copies for consideration for the GOG Reading list please send to the following address:
Go On Girl! Book Club
Book Review Committee
4106 13th Place N.E.
Washington, DC 20017