The Go On Girl! Author Awards Weekend will be held June 11-14, 2020 in beautiful Sacramento, California! This annual event celebrates all the authors on our 2019 reading list and honors two of these authors with the coveted Author of the Year or New Author of the Year award. The annual AAW banquet is the main event of the three-day affair and is hosted by our local chapters. The annual AAW is rich with all things literature, gives Go On Girl! members and their guests an opportunity for connecting with each other and our authors, and provides access to local points of interest. The annual AAW is where we reconnect around our love for reading and books and is, without a doubt, the must attend event of the year for Go On Girl! Book Club!
Sacramento, the capital of California, is home to the infamous Gold Rush, and has a rich history of the African American struggle to acquire and maintain the American dream. Sacramento is also known for its well-attended annual Sacramento Black Book Fair, and thought-provoking literature from native authors such as Cornell West. We’re full of anticipation for what our Sacramento chapter has in store for us! You simply cannot miss AAW 2020!
The registration cost for the annual AAW includes:
- Ticket to the AAW banquet and ceremony
- Friday evening book discussion with Terry McMillan
- Click here if you are looking for answers to the GOG "McMillan Matters" crossword puzzle
- Friday night mixer – Silent Disco
- Saturday morning wellness experience
- Saturday morning breakfast
- Sunday morning breakfast
- GOG! Swag Bag
- Early Bird registration (Aug 1, 2019 - Feb 1, 2020) - $340.00
- Regular registration (Feb 2 - Apr 1, 2020) - $390.00
- Late registration (Apr 2 - May 3, 2020) - $440.00
- Dinner Only (end date May 11, 2020) - $100.00