Writing Awards & Scholarships
Since 2000, we have been fortunate and honored to also sponsor two additional awards, both monetary, to support up and coming authors: The Unpublished Writer's Award and The Aspiring Writers Educational Scholarship.
Call for Entries: Write Your Way to $1,000!
All Unpublished Writers and HBCU College Students: Submit your work to be considered for this year's Unpublished Writer's Award or Aspiring Writers Educational Scholarship.
Unpublished Writer Award: General Guidelines
- Applicant must email an original, unpublished fiction work (short story or novel excerpt) not to exceed 2,000 typed words on double-spaced pages.
- Applicant must include a cover sheet with the following information: applicant's name, address, telephone number and email; 250-word biographical profile, including your writing goals and current status, and photo.
- The $1,000 winner will be invited, along with a guest, to attend our annual awards ceremony and work may be featured in the Go On Girl! Awards Magajournal, the Jambalaya quarterly newsletter or on the GOG website.
Aspiring Writer Scholarship: General Guidelines
- Candidate must be a full-time freshman, sophomore or junior student attending a historically Black college or university.
- Candidate must possess a cumulative grade-point average of 2.5 or better
- Candidate must submit an essay not to exceed 800 words on the topic "The Power of The Written Word"
- The $1,000 winner will be invited, along with a guest, to attend our annual awards ceremony and work may be featured in the Go On Girl! Awards Magajournal, the Jambalaya quarterly newsletter, or on the GOG website.